|• Total||8.56 sq mi (22.18 km2)|
|• Land||8.28 sq mi (21.44 km2)|
|• Water||0.29 sq mi (0.75 km2)|
|Elevation||440 ft (130 m)|
|• Density||1,492.21/sq mi (576.12/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||301 and 240|
|GNIS feature ID||0588687|
Linganore is a census-designated place (CDP) in Frederick County, in the U.S. state of Maryland. It consists of the area around Lake Linganore, a residential community governed by a homeowners association, located east of the city of Frederick. As of the 2020 census the CDP had a population of 12,351. Prior to 2010, the area was part of the Linganore-Bartonsville CDP. The mailing address for the area is Lake Linganore, with a ZIP code of 21774.
The community is in eastern Frederick County, on both sides of Linganore Creek, a west-flowing tributary of the Monocacy River and part of the Potomac River watershed. The neighborhoods of the community surround Lake Linganore, an impoundment on the creek, and extend south to Interstate 70, between New Market to the east and Bartonsville and Spring Ridge to the west. Downtown Frederick is 7 miles (11 km) west of the center of Linganore.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Linganore CDP has a total area of 6.0 square miles (15.5 km2), of which 5.8 square miles (14.9 km2) is land and 0.2 square miles (0.6 km2), or 4.15%, is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "2020 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved April 26, 2022.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Linganore, Maryland
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Linganore CDP, Maryland". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved June 1, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Lake Linganore Association at Eaglehead, homeowners' association